Be a part of an organization changing the game in before and after school care. You’ll have a positive impact on students, parents and schools in your community. We understand that before and after the school bell rings, children just want to have fun. Named to Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Companies for three years, Right At School is looking for dependable, personable, resourceful, and imaginative people to educate our children in fun and interactive ways. If you’re passionate about inspiring a love of learning, consider joining our energetic, nurturing and committed team!
As a Program Manager, you’ll be Right At School’s liaison with the school administration, education staff and the local Area Manager. You will ensure we deliver high quality, fun, safe and interactive after-school programming that delights the children attending our programs and their parents. Spark critical thinking and child-driven projects, while promoting self-confidence, team building, leadership skills, and a joy for learning.
You should love working with children, appreciate the use of positive behavior intervention methods, enjoy building relationships with parents and school partners, able to coach and manage a team and complete administrative responsibilities required by our organization and Connecticut Office of Early Childhood Licensing.
Location: Within elementary schools in the Hamden Public School District
Hours: Part time position approximately 25 hrs
Length of Position: This position is during the academic year while school is in session. There is
also the potential for academic year break period employment, as well as summer camp
Must meet state of Connecticut minimum requirements for a Head Teacher:
- At least 20 years old
- A four (4) year college degree in elementary education, recreation, group social work or a related field from a regionally accredited higher education institution AND
- At least two hundred and seventy (270) hours of documented supervised experience working with unrelated school-age children (within the age range of 5 years to under 13 years). This supervised experience could be student teaching or a practicum assignment.
- HS Diploma/GED AND
- Twelve (12) credits in early childhood education or child development, elementary education, recreation, group social work or a related field from a regionally accredited higher education institution AND
- Over not less than a nine (9) month span of time: At least five hundred and forty (540) hours of documented supervised experience working with children in a program that serves school-age children (within the age range of 5 years to under 13 years).
Upon hire must have documentation of a physical examination and a TB Tine Test. Must submit Office of Early Childhood Background Check and fingerprinting forms within 30 days of hire.
Benefits of working with Right At School:
- Ongoing professional development with pay raise incentives
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including: free before and after school childcare (within their district), commuter benefits, supplemental insurance (short term disability, life insurance, etc.)
- Flexible working hours aligned to school schedules
- Gain valuable classroom management experience
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community and positively impact families
- Provide meaningful fun and employ Disguised Learning